Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring!!

Today is the first day of Spring and I love that day!! It is the start of a new season......flowers, birds, budding trees, sunshine, and lots of outdoor activities!! For me it is also the beginning of another year to share my life with my best friend....my husband!! Today is our 33 year anniversary!! Wow....that seems like a long time....and if you look at our wedding photo....you can tell it is a long time.....baby blue tuxes with ruffled shirts and sideburns!! It was 1976 and we were in love.....still are.........even more today!! We had only dated for 3 months before we were engaged.......I was just 20 and Jeff was 23.......a brand new history high school teacher. I had a 1969 ford falcon and he had a 1969 ford mustang. It was spring break and we drove to San Fransisco for our honeymoon.......Jeff forgot to bring any other shoes with him except for the black wingtips he wore at the wedding and we were too poor (or too cheep?) to buy anything.........so he wore them the entire time!! Oh the memories!! I can remember being in our first apartment...and setting the table and starting dinner.......... waiting for Jeff to get home from work.....the anticipation............and it was only NOON!!!! I still anticipate his coming home.....but I sure don't start dinner at noon anymore!!! LOL
As you can see I still have no pictures............my computer has been in the hospital and I think it is coming home today!! The computer doctor that has been working on it says he has only worked on one computer that was as bad as mine was!!!
So when I get it back I am going to show you some of those sentimental wedding photos!!
As for sewing I have been working away stitching!! I will show you some of it also as soon as I can!!
Happy Spring Everyone!!!!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Deb...loved your post today...our 35th anniversary is coming up the beginning of April...what fun! You're right that does seem like a long time....a wonderful time.

Robby said...

aaawwwww I love that post!!!!!!! I met and married my husband after 4 months...and are coming up to 19 years. I sure do remember that anticipation....and he used to come home for lunch...lol.

Rejchrts said...

Love you mom!! What a good post, made me laugh!! I am so glad that you guys are so happy and thanks for setting such a good example on a good marriage!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I just found your blog. That was a sweet post. I love it when people share the love they have for their spouse. It is refreshing in todays world.
I wanted to say I have a few of your patterns and they are favorties of mine. Especially Vine Ripe. There are some of your tomatoes on my blog header.
Happy Stitches,
Melody