Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wool Dying Room

Wool
+ DYE 
+ Garage
= New Wool Dying Room!!!

Slow but sure my wool dying room is coming along!!! For months now we have been planning a seperate room for me to do my wool dying in and although the process has been SLOW....it is getting closer to being a fuctioning room!!


A small garage that is partly detatched from the house is where we decided would be the perfect place!!! Back in the early summer my son Daniel, and Jeff's cousin Bill began work on the garage  by taking out the two garage doors (it was a drive through garage) and closing them in. We added a window in one end. Some plumbing has been added along with extra electricity!! 

 This week we had siding put up on it and are starting to insulate, finish wiring, finish plumbing, and looks like next week sheet rock will start going up!!! We even have heat in it!!! My sewing room is above the garage  (dye room) which has two heat vents in it...... so my son turned one of them downward and it comes through into the dye room!!! I am so excited to get to use my new room!!!

 (back side of house)
My sewing room is the three windows above the old garage (my new dye room)
(front side of house)
Sewing room above the new dye room
 outside door into dye room

 two double sinks and a washer and dryer will go on this wall

two stove tops will go along this wall

Stay tuned.....more to come next week!!!

11 comments:

Angela said...

How exciting! Looks like it will be a great workspace!

Sometimes_Carol said...

That is super exciting Aunt Debbie!!

It's been too long since I've been for a visit.. :)

Linda said...

So exciting!! It's going to be an awesome work space.

Terri said...

I'm so happy for you Debbie! You're going to really enjoy that space customized for you.

Country Prims said...

I'm sooo jealous! What a great setup for you-can't wait to see more:)

Shazy x

Carol said...

Debbie that is very exciting! I'm soooooooooo happy for you!

Cheryl said...

Looks like a great work space when all done. Very cool.

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Wow, you are one lucky lady! I'm thrilled to have taken over the smallest room in our house as my own, but the whole garage?!?! Oh I would be in heaven! Enjoy your room, you will be super productive in there I'm sure, and don't forget to show us when it is all done! :)

Maggey and Jim said...

I am so happy for you,, that is exciting.Looks like lots of great work getting done there..
Happy Holidays and looking forward to seeing the final..
Maggey

Cheryl said...

You lucky lady! And where do you get all your wonderful wool?

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! That is so exciting!!! I am so happy for you my friend! I know you are going to be so busy in there that it will be well worth all the boys hard work! Can't wait to come play in there with you one day!
Hugs <3 Cindy